以下是24 April 2006 03:16 UTC的版本，内容在GFDL下发布。请各位看看是有什么敏感词汇造成的吗？至少我是看不出来。
Baidu Baike (Chinese: 百度百科; pinyin: bǎidù bǎikē) is a Chinese wiki encyclopedia service provided by a major Chinese search engine Baidu. The test version was released on 2006 April 20. The number of articles exceeded 10,000 in two days.
According to the first article , which is about the encyclopedia itself, the encyclopedia is an open net encyclopedia holding equality, collaboration, and sharing as principles. The article also states that the encyclopedia, with two other services provided by Baidu ("zhidao" and "post") would form a trinity system and complement the search engine.
The articles are written and edited by registered users and reviewed by backstage administrators before release. There is no formal way to contact the administrators.
Registered users’ contributions are rewarded in a credit point system.
Although the earlier test version was named "Baidu WIKI", the current version and official media realeases say the system is not a wiki system.
Principle of the encyclopedia
According to Baidu Baike’s policies, these kinds of articles or comments would be deleted:
- pornographic or violent articles
- politically reactionary content
- personal attacks
- unethical content
- malicious, meaningless content
The third point is particularly notable, as the content of the encyclopedia will have to satisfy Chinese government censors. It is likely that articles about Taiwan or the Falun Gong would not be allowed.
On the source materials
On the help page the encyclopedia states "users shall not violate [ . . . . ] intellectual property" ("百度百科的用戶不得侵犯…知識產權"), and declares:
- 3. 百度百科的用户在百度百科上发布的内容引用自适用CC协议（“创作共用”协议，保证作者署名权。不得用于商业目的。保证作品完整性。参见http: //creativecommons.cn/，http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc- nd/2.5/cn/ 中文版）和/或GFDL协议（GNU自由文档协议，必须注明该文章是在GNU自由文档协议证书下发布的，也不得阻止别人自由取得该文章或其他GNU FDL所赋予的权利。参见http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html）保护的作品的，应按照上述协议的规定，合理使用他人作品。
- [rough translation]3. The Baidubaike’s users’ contributions that quote from works under the Creative Commons (Attribution, Noncommercial and No Derivative Works. See http://creativecommons.cn/, http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/cn/ the Chinese version) and/or GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License), shall follow the restrictions of the licenses mentioned above.
The help page also provides a postal address for notification of rights violation.
On Baidu Baike itself
The help page declared that Baidu has the rights to re-license the contents:
- 8. [ . . . . ]用户同意百度在全世界范围内具有免费的、永久性的、不可撤销的、非独家的和完全再许可的权利
Also, on the bottom of every page of the encyclopedia, "©2006 Baidu" was written, with a link to the copyright page . The copyright page declares that Baidu owns the copyright of all data on the website.
The name Baike is composed of the characters bǎi (百) meaning "hundred" (also the first character of Baidu), and kē (科) meaning "branch of knowledge".
The word "百科" used to combian other words to express "enclopedia". Such as "百科全书/百科全書"(Bǎikē Book) in Chinese, or "百科事典" in Korean , and Japanese language.
- Baidu, a Chinese search engine.
- Everything2, a large collaborative Internet community.